Sometimes we need to toot our own horn. For the third time running, Portland Webworks (PWW), the parent brand of GovWebworks, has been recognized by the Maine State Council of the Society for Human Resources Management as a Best Place to Work in Maine.
This is the third time that PWW has entered into the evaluation and the third time recognized. Previous entries have resulted in third place rankings out of the 20-some finalists for the Small Employer category. The 2017 rankings will be revealed at the awards banquet on October 10, where we’ll find out if we’re three for three.
How it works
This award evaluates each nominated company’s workplace policies, practices, and demographics for 25 percent of the score. The remaining 75 percent is based on an employee survey that measures the employee experience. Finally, the combined totals determine the winning companies and ranking.
An Employee Comments Report is provided to all entrants that summarizes employee engagement and satisfaction data and provides anonymous written comments from the survey. Positive comments from PWW employees primarily focused on the benefits of the transparent management style, casual workplace, and supportive culture.
What our employees say
Feedback from the Employee Comments Report noted that PWW offers “a fun environment with mutual respect and opportunity for everyone. It delivers a great product to the consumer promptly and reasonably priced. The people employed here enjoy working here. Easy and open access to management and staff.”
Another employee highlighted the following perks: “Team environment. Dog-friendly. Game night. Fun work outings. Flexible schedule. Easy, open lines of communication. Lunch and Learn. Community involvement and fund raising. Celebration lunches. Donuts. Bagels. Travel. Beverage O’clock Fridays. Paid parking. Roof deck views.”
Furthermore, comments described PWW as “a comfortable, small biz atmosphere that offers a favorable work-life balance, excellent benefits and transparent financial management practices. Also, due to org size, staff have meaningful opportunities to make a difference in the company’s outcomes and strategic direction.”
Best of all, said another, “the company values its employees and their talents and celebrates those on a regular basis.”
Why it matters
As we’ve found, when the people at a company are happy to be there, the results are noticeable. Clients are treated well, the product is better, and both parties are satisfied with the experience.
Most of all, we’re glad to know that our team loves the work they do, and loves doing it with Portland Webworks and GovWebworks. We wouldn’t want it any other way.
- Like us on Facebook to get to know our office culture
- Visit www.BestPlacestoWorkinME.com or contact Jackie Miller at 877-455-2159 for more info on the Best Places to Work in Maine program
- Contact us with any questions about how our team can lend a hand